Linga Bhairavi Gudi Guidelines
The Linga Bhairavi Gudi is a miniature form of Devi designed by Sadhguru which allows devotees to behold and connect with Ling Bhairavi. When you bring a Gudi home, it is an opportunity to make devotion your very quality, bringing a different level of intelligence into your life. The Linga Bhairavi Gudi has been expertly crafted of copper embellished with intricate designs relating to Devi.The Gudi can easily fit into your home or workplace (3”x 3”; 1kg)..
- The Gudi can be kept anywhere in your home or office.
- It is best if the Gudi lamp is lit at least once a day. Ghee or gingelly/sesame oil can be used for the lamp, along with a cotton wick.
- To connect with Devi, whenever you wish you can chant 1, 3 or 11 cycles of the Linga Bhairavi Stuti
- You can express your devotion to Devi by making offerings such as fresh flowers, fruits, sweets, etc. Please keep the offerings near the Gudi, not on top or inside of it.
- The kumkum from the top of the Gudi may be applied on one’s forehead.
- While travelling, please pack the Gudi firmly inside the box in which you received it.
- You need not cover the Gudi while you are away or during eclipses. If you feel it may get dusty while you are travelling, you can cover it with a Devi Vastram.
Instructions for Maintenance:
- Do not to touch the Linga unless necessary for removing dust or changing Devi’s Kumkum. Best to keep any disturbances to a minimum.
- Note that the Linga is attached to the box and is not removable. Please do not try to remove it.
- If the Linga gets dusty, you can remove the top part and very gently wipe Devi with cotton. Do this only when necessary.
- When Devi’s Kumkum fades, gently wipe it off with cotton. Using your right thumb or ring finger, place fresh Kumkum on Devi’s Third Eye. Do not use water or any substances to make the Kumkum stick. Only Kumkum from IshaLife should be used.
- Please leave the sutra on the Linga as it has been tied. If it slips off during travel, you may keep it back in place.
- Once the sutra has become worn out, you may get a fresh one from IshaLife and replace it. The sutra is already pre-tied. You can put the sutra directly on the linga in such a way the knot is behind Devi, in the same position as it was.
The Interior of the Gudi:
- Only when it becomes very dusty, you may remove the lid and gently clean the floor of the Gudi with dry cotton.
- Do not use water, vibhuti or any other substances.
- Take extra care not to disturb the Linga.
The Exterior of the Gudi:
- The outside of the Gudi can be cleaned with cotton when dusty. Do not clean it with water, tamarind, lemon or any other substances. If there are oil stains, or it is very dirty, you can clean the exterior with dry vibhuti and cotton. The vibhuti must be from the Isha Yoga Center.
- Clean the exterior only as is necessary, as it is best to keep any disturbances to a minimum. It is ok for the Gudi to have an antique look. It need not look shiny or new.
- The top of the Gudi can be refilled with fresh Kumkum. Only use Kumkum from Linga Bhairavi.
The Gudi Lamp:
- The Gudi lamp is removable. You can remove it and wash it with soap, water and tamarind paste, as needed.
For more information, please contact email@example.com